"I Am Willing to Support Any Presidential Candidate" Says Gachagua as He Dismisses Division Allegation

Former Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua has reiterated his readiness to back any single opposition presidential candidate in the 2027 General Election, provided the choice emerges from consensus among leaders united against President William Ruto.

Speaking amid ongoing political consultations, Gachagua dismissed rumours circulating among critics that he would refuse to step aside or prioritise personal ambition over unity. He stressed that removing Ruto after one term remains the non-negotiable goal.

“I give a very firm commitment to the people of Kenya that I, Rigathi Gachagua, and the millions of supporters behind me, shall rally behind the agreed candidate to a man,” he said. “If I am not the flag bearer, I and my supporters will support another Kenyan.”

Gachagua listed potential colleagues including Kalonzo Musyoka, Fred Matiang’i, Edwin Sifuna, Martha Karua, Eugene Wamalwa and others, stating the identity of the eventual candidate “does not matter” once agreement is reached.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post