My name is Ruth, and for almost a decade, my family existed only through memories.
People looked at us from outside and thought we were a normal family, but behind closed doors, we were carrying wounds that nobody could see.
Eight years earlier, my husband and I separated after years of arguments. Small disagreements became bigger problems until eventually we stopped listening to each other. Every conversation became a battle. Every attempt to fix things ended with more pain.
When he left, I thought time would make everything easier.
It did not. Our children were the ones who suffered the most. My oldest son became quiet and distant.
People looked at us from outside and thought we were a normal family, but behind closed doors, we were carrying wounds that nobody could see.
Eight years earlier, my husband and I separated after years of arguments. Small disagreements became bigger problems until eventually we stopped listening to each other. Every conversation became a battle. Every attempt to fix things ended with more pain.
When he left, I thought time would make everything easier.
It did not. Our children were the ones who suffered the most. My oldest son became quiet and distant.
My daughter stopped asking about her father because she feared my reaction. Holidays that were once filled with laughter became ordinary days filled with silence.
I tried many times to bring everyone together. I called my husband. I sent messages.
I asked relatives to help. But every attempt failed. Everyone carried their own anger.
One day, an elderly woman in our village told me that sometimes families need a moment of reflection, forgiveness, and cultural cleansing to release the pain they have carried for years.GET FULL STORY HERE.
I tried many times to bring everyone together. I called my husband. I sent messages.
I asked relatives to help. But every attempt failed. Everyone carried their own anger.
One day, an elderly woman in our village told me that sometimes families need a moment of reflection, forgiveness, and cultural cleansing to release the pain they have carried for years.GET FULL STORY HERE.