My name is Michael, and I come from Kasese, Uganda. There was a time when alcohol had taken complete control of my life.
For more than seven years, I tried everything I could think of to stop drinking, but every attempt ended in failure. Today, I am sharing my story to encourage anyone struggling with alcohol addiction that change is possible and hope should never be lost.
I started drinking socially, believing I was only doing it for fun. However, what began as an occasional habit slowly turned into an addiction.
I started drinking socially, believing I was only doing it for fun. However, what began as an occasional habit slowly turned into an addiction.
As the years passed, I found myself unable to go a single day without alcohol. My health, finances, relationships, and work all suffered because of my drinking.
Many times, I promised my family and myself that I would stop. I poured away bottles, avoided drinking friends, and even tried quitting on my own several times.
Many times, I promised my family and myself that I would stop. I poured away bottles, avoided drinking friends, and even tried quitting on my own several times.
Unfortunately, I always found myself going back to alcohol after a short period. I became frustrated and started believing that I would never overcome my addiction. GET FULL STORY.