“Sometimes the deepest wounds cannot be seen by the eyes, only by the heart.”
My name is Jeniffer Munyoki, and I come from Mbeere. There are nights I still wake up remembering the sound of my father’s painful cough echoing through our small home. It is a sound I prayed I would never hear again.
Three years.
That is how long our family lived under a cloud of fear.
Before my father became ill, he was the pillar of our home. He woke before sunrise every day, worked tirelessly, laughed loudly, and always reminded us that, “A family that stands together can survive any storm.” None of us imagined that the strongest man we knew would one day become too weak to stand on his own.
As his illness progressed, our lives changed completely. Every day felt heavier than the last. We watched him lose weight, lose strength, and lose the smile that had once filled our home with joy.
People whispered many different opinions. Some believed it was a serious disease. Others believed there was a spiritual battle taking place. Every visitor seemed to have a different explanation, but none could take away our pain.
There is no feeling more heartbreaking than watching someone you love suffer while feeling completely helpless.
My mother cried silently so my younger siblings would not see her tears. We sold belongings to seek help wherever we could. We prayed until our voices became tired.
Still, the suffering continued.GET FULL STORY.
My name is Jeniffer Munyoki, and I come from Mbeere. There are nights I still wake up remembering the sound of my father’s painful cough echoing through our small home. It is a sound I prayed I would never hear again.
Three years.
That is how long our family lived under a cloud of fear.
Before my father became ill, he was the pillar of our home. He woke before sunrise every day, worked tirelessly, laughed loudly, and always reminded us that, “A family that stands together can survive any storm.” None of us imagined that the strongest man we knew would one day become too weak to stand on his own.
As his illness progressed, our lives changed completely. Every day felt heavier than the last. We watched him lose weight, lose strength, and lose the smile that had once filled our home with joy.
People whispered many different opinions. Some believed it was a serious disease. Others believed there was a spiritual battle taking place. Every visitor seemed to have a different explanation, but none could take away our pain.
There is no feeling more heartbreaking than watching someone you love suffer while feeling completely helpless.
My mother cried silently so my younger siblings would not see her tears. We sold belongings to seek help wherever we could. We prayed until our voices became tired.
Still, the suffering continued.GET FULL STORY.