My name is Sarah, and I am 78 years old from Masindi, Uganda. For many years, I sacrificed everything I had to raise my late sister’s children after she passed away. I sold vegetables in the market every day to feed them, pay their school fees, and make sure they had a better future. I believed they would one day remember my sacrifices, but life turned out very differently.
Life was never easy. Every morning I woke up before sunrise to buy vegetables, then spent the whole day selling them under the hot sun. Whatever little money I earned went towards food, rent, school fees, uniforms, and other necessities for the children. Although I struggled, seeing them remain in school gave me strength to continue.
As the years passed, all the children completed their studies, found good jobs, and eventually became financially stable. I felt proud because I believed my sacrifices had finally paid off. I expected that in my old age, they would stand by me just as I had stood by them when they had nothing.
Instead, everything changed. One after another, they stopped calling, stopped visiting, and rarely answered my phone calls. Whenever I needed help with food, medicine, or even basic necessities, they always claimed they were too busy or had other commitments. I was left alone despite everything I had done for them. READ FULL STORY.
Life was never easy. Every morning I woke up before sunrise to buy vegetables, then spent the whole day selling them under the hot sun. Whatever little money I earned went towards food, rent, school fees, uniforms, and other necessities for the children. Although I struggled, seeing them remain in school gave me strength to continue.
As the years passed, all the children completed their studies, found good jobs, and eventually became financially stable. I felt proud because I believed my sacrifices had finally paid off. I expected that in my old age, they would stand by me just as I had stood by them when they had nothing.
Instead, everything changed. One after another, they stopped calling, stopped visiting, and rarely answered my phone calls. Whenever I needed help with food, medicine, or even basic necessities, they always claimed they were too busy or had other commitments. I was left alone despite everything I had done for them. READ FULL STORY.