Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Florence Roberts: Video of Late Singer Sharing How Fiance Dumped Her After Learning of Her HIV Status Plays Online

The late Florence Roberts, who was diagnosed with HIV. Photos: Florence Roberts.
Source: Facebook

New revelations emerge days after Luo gospel music artist Florence Roberts passed away after a brief illness, reports confirm.

In a video shared by OJ Media, Roberts revealed that she once had a fiance, but he left her after they attended the clinic to know their HIV status, and the results disappointed them.

The sad news was announced by fellow singer Wuod Fibi on his Facebook account.

According to Florence, their church required them to get tested for HIV before being joined in holy matrimony.

"I was found HIV positive but the young man was negative. I was left alone, as the man left me. I had prayed to get married, but things did not go as I thought they would, so I turned to prayer since people were also talking about the broken engagement," said Roberts.

Roberts, renowned for worship anthems like 'Kik Ikala,' touched the hearts of many with her music. Her ability to lead people in worship has been praised by numerous fans, who will cherish her songs for years to come.

"Whenever I prayed, I cried a lot; during that time, God was refining me for ministry. I never took ARV meds ...even before getting saved I had it. I also never used to visit hospitals, my option was to live by faith," she added.

Before her untimely demise, Roberts touched the hearts of many through her soul-stirring worship songs, offering solace to those in pain and seeking spiritual guidance.

Florence on taking meds

Florence heard people preaching about healing and decided to go by that regarding her condition.

Florence Robert's singing journey

Florence Roberts, a wife, mother, and businesswoman, revealed in a past interview with Kambi Ya Wateule, that she discovered her singing talent at a young age when her pastor encouraged her to sing during home fellowships.

"I never had any opportunistic infections and whenever I went for testing, they said that I was HIV negative. I went deeper into prayer to ask what was happening because I believed that when one gets saved, God removes all problems and pain from their lives," she said.

She later caught the attention of gospel singer John Okidi, who saw her potential and encouraged her to pursue music further.

"After 10 years, I met my husband Robert Eboi. We went for testing, and the HIV results were negative. I don't take meds, and I got healed in Jesus name. In those 10 years I continued loving God and having faith in him," she added.

Despite facing challenges along the way, Florence remained steadfast in her faith and continued to pursue her passion for music.

Post a Comment

0 Comments